Online-competition «Абай әндері» ("Songs of Abay ") among non-professional performers
Online-competition «Абай әндері» ("Songs of Abay ") among non-professional performers
The rules of the online-competition «Абай әндері» ("Songs of Abay ")
among non-professional performers as part of the celebration of
175th anniversary of Abay Kunanbayuly
1. This Regulation has been developed in accordance with subparagraph 12) of Article 7 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 15, 2006 “About Culture” and determines the procedure for conducting the online-competition «Абай әндері» («Songs of Abay») among non-professional performers in celebration of the 175th anniversary of Abay Kunanbayuly (hereinafter referred to as the Competition).
2.The organizer of the online-competition «Абай әндері» («Songs of Abay») among non-professional performers (hereinafter referred to as the Competition) is the Abay Kazakh State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater (hereinafter referred to as Abay KSATOB) with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Information about Organizer
Address: Republic of Kazakhstan, 050000, Almaty, Kabanbay batyr 110,
tel.: + 7 (727) 272-84-45
Competition e-mail address: email@example.com
3. The subject of the competition is the performance of a song by Abay Kunanbaev with or without musical accompaniment, performed solo or as an ensemble, and presented to the Competition in the form of an audio-visual recording (video file).
The rules of the Competition are available on the official website of the organizer www.gatob.kz and official accounts of social networks:
4. The results of the Competition are summarized by conducting an open online voting by the audience on the YouTube channel of the organizer - Abay Theatre.
5. Winners of the competition (Laureates of I, II, III prizes) - participants of the Competition who collected the most votes according to the results of online voting
6. An Organizing Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Organizing Committee) is created to organize and conduct the Competition. The Organizing Committee is formed from among the staff of Abay KSATOB, prominent figures of the opera art of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
7. These Rules of the Competition may be changed during the first half of the deadline for submitting works to the Competition. The Competition Participants are informed of any changes to the Competition Rules by posting the appropriate message on the organizer's website www.gatob.kz and on the official accounts of the Organizer's social networks:
1. The formation of interest in the Kazakh national culture through the works of the great Kazakh thinker, poet, composer Abay Kunanbaev.
2. Popularization of the heritage of the great Kazakh thinker, poet, composer Abay Kunanbaev.
3. The introduction of peoples of different nationalities to Kazakh songwriting to increase the cultural and spiritual level of the audience
4. Identification of talented and gifted performers, providing the opportunity to demonstrate their performing skills to a wide audience.
3.1. The competition is held on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter RK) from 00:00 July 13, 2020 to 00:00 August 09, 2020 (inclusive).
3.2. The competition is held on the following dates:
The announcement of the beginning of the Competition is placed no later than 10 calendar days before it begins on the organizer's official website www.gatob.kz and on the official accounts of the Organizer's social networks:
3.2.1. Acceptance of applications for participation in the Competition - from 00:00 on July 13, 2020 to 23:59 on July 26, 2020.
3.2.2. Publishing of audiovisual recordings of participants on the official YouTube channel Abay Theatre and the beginning of online voting by spectators according to the determination of the Winners from 00:00 on July 30, 2020 to 23:59 on August 09, 2020;
3.2.3. Summing up the results of online voting and announcing the Winners with the most votes - until 23.59 August 10, 2020.
3.3. The Organizer has the right to change the deadline for holding the Competition, provided that the Participants are informed of the extension or early termination of the Competition at least 2 calendar days before the entry into force of these changes.
3.4. Place of Competition: Organizer’s official YouTube channel - Abay Theatre.
4.1. Participants in the Competition may be persons over the age of 4 who submit to the Competition an audio-visual recording of a song by Abay Kunanbaev (hereinafter referred to as Participants) in their own performance.
4.2. In the Competition, on behalf of participants under the age of 18, and in their interests are the legal representatives (parents, guardians, guardians) of minor participants (hereinafter legal representatives) in accordance with Appendix No. 1.
4.3. Participation in the Competition may be individual (solo) or collective (ensemble) performance. In the case of collective participation, that is, the performance of a work by several performers, an application for participation can be submitted by one of the performers in accordance with Appendix No. 1.
4.4. The participant, submitting an application from the team of performers, guarantees and confirms that he has received consent from other participants to participate in the competition on the conditions specified by these rules.
5.1. The competition is held in the following nominations:
- individual (solo) performance
- collective (ensemble) performance
5.2. In the nomination "Individual (solo) performance" Competition
held in four age categories:
- participants aged 4 to 14 years;
- participants aged 15 to 25 years;
- participants aged 26 to 44 years;
- participants aged 45 years and older.
The competition consists of V stages:
Stage I - acceptance of applications for participation in the Competition from 00:00 on July 13, 2020 to 23:59 on July 26, 2020;
Stage II - consideration of the submitted applications by the Organizing Committee of the Competition from 00:00 on July 27, 2020 to 23:59 on July 29, 2020.
Stage III - the publication of audio-visual recordings of the Contestants on the official YouTube channel Abay - Abay Theatre from 00:00 on July 30, 2020.
Stage IV - an open vote from 00:00 on July 30, 2020 to 23:59 on August 09, 2020 to determine the winners of the Competition with the most votes.
Stage V - summarizing and announcing the winners.
The names of the Winners of Competition will be announced on the Organizer’s official website www.gatob.kz and the Organizer’s official social media accounts:
Applications are accepted on the official mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
The following should be attached to the application letter:
- Application for participation in accordance with the form from Appendix 1.
- 2 high quality photographs (horizontal and vertical)
Only videos sent from 00:00 on July 13, 2020 to 23:59 on July 26, 2020 will participate in the Contest.
Applications sent after 00:00 on July 27, 2020 are not recognized as participating in the Competition.
The works sent by the Participants (or their Legal Representatives) to the Competition may remain in the archive of the official YouTube channel of the Abay KSATOB - Abay Theatre for the duration of the exclusive right to an audiovisual recording.
6.1. To participate in the Competition, the Participant or his legal representative (for a minor participant) must fill out an application for participation in the competition in accordance with Appendix No. 1.
6.2. Send to the Organizer’s email email@example.com an audio-visual recording of the performance of the song by Abay Kunanbaev in his own performance as an active link to the downloadable version of the audio-visual record or the attached file of the audio-visual record:
- as a file or an active link,
- file size no more than 1 GB;
- the image size in pixels is not less than 1280 × 720;
- the image is oriented horizontally;
- the song should be performed no more than 4 (four) minutes, video in MP4 format;
- each video presentation should contain a greeting from the participant indicating the Surname, Name of the Patronymic (if any), age, name of the settlement and the name of the work.
Videos sent in any other way, including postal and courier services, are not accepted for participation in the competition.
6.3. The following are not allowed to participate in the Competition:
- audio-visual recordings that do not meet the technical requirements specified in clause 6.2 of the Competition Rules,
- audiovisual recording made under the plus soundtrack,
- violating the rights of third parties;
- violating Art. 11 of Chapter 3 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Culture”, including one that is pornographic / erotic in nature, propagates violence or contains violent scenes, offends religious feelings, demonstrates or calls for violation of generally accepted moral standards, or violates personal dignity, honor of a person (s), or affecting religious or national cultural values, expressing aggression, propagating extremism, violence, use of drugs, alcoholic drinks and / or otherwise violating the requirements of the Competition Rules and / or the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
6.4. Video appearances containing fragments of films, clips, advertisements, logos of other festivals-contests, other works and results of intellectual activity without the consent of the author and / or other copyright holder are not allowed to participate in the Competition.
6.5. Taking part in the Competition, each Participant (Legal Representative):
- confirms the accuracy of all data in the application for participation, familiarization and acceptance of these Rules;
- agrees with the processing of personal data contained in the provided audiovisual record, as well as when sending an application for participation on the official channel of the Organizer Abay Theater of the Competition in order to conduct the Competition;
- grants consent to the publication (publication) of his audiovisual recording, as well as its use in the framework of this Competition free of charge;
- confirms the receipt of all necessary exclusive and non-exclusive copyrights for the creation of its audiovisual recording, including the receipt of the consent of the authors and other copyright holders, and the provision of the song for the Contest (if there are copyrights), is personally responsible for all negative consequences from the revealed violations.
6.6. Filing an application for participation in the Competition indicates the expression by the Participant of the Competition (his Legal Representative) of consent to the further use of this audiovisual recording by the Organizer of the Competition on the terms and methods specified by these Rules without restricting the territory (in the territory of all countries of the world) and for 1 (one) years from the date of completion of the Competition.
6.7. Submission of an application for the Competition by the Participant in the manner prescribed by these Rules means its unconditional consent to all the conditions of the Competition and these Rules.
7.1. The winners (laureates of I, II, III prizes) of the Competition are determined by the audience through online voting. Participants whose audiovisual records scored the maximum number of votes become the winners of the Competition. In case of equality of votes collected by several Competition Participants, all participants are recognized as equal Winners.
7.2. The winners of the Competition are determined for each nomination individual (solo performance), group (ensemble performance). In the nomination individual (solo) performance Winners are determined taking into account the age category.
7.3. Users may need to register for voting on YouTube web site.
7.4. All Winners of the Competition are announced by the Organizer in accordance with paragraph 5.3 of these Rules. Winners of the Competition will receive Diplomas of Laureates.
8.1. The Organizing Committee provides guidance on the Competition: the collection and consideration of applications for completeness and compliance with technical requirements, the organization of online voting and vote counting.
8.2. The Organizing Committee resolves other organizational issues that arise during the Competition.
8.3. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to establish special prizes without prior announcement.
8.4. In order to advertise the Competition, the Organizing Committee submits to the media press releases, programs of the Competition and information and reference materials on it.
8.5. The Organizer has the right, at its discretion, to use the audio-visual recordings provided by the Participants to the Competition, including including them in television broadcasts and other advertising products, to distribute them in the media, the Internet and on audio-visual services, including editing, reduction, addition, commenting, editing, remounting and other processing.
8.6. The Organizer independently determines the amount of information posted about the Participant and his audiovisual recording.
8.7. The rights and obligations of the Organizer in connection with the processing and dissemination of personal data are determined by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of personal data.
8.8. The Organizer of the Competition reserves the right to reject Works submitted for participation in the Competition in the process of their verification (moderation) if the audiovisual recording does not meet the requirements set forth in these Rules. The Organizer has the right not to inform the Participants of the reasons for the rejection of the audiovisual recording from participation in the Competition.
8.9. In the event that third parties submit claims to the Organizer of the Competition related to violation of copyright and / or other rights to the Works and materials used in them and / or in connection with their placement on the Internet site and / or in the media or their other use in accordance with By the rules, the responsibility to third parties for such a violation lies with the Participants or their Legal Representatives, who undertake to resolve such claims on their own and at their own expense.
8.10. In case of presentation of the above claims, the Organizer has the right at any time during the Competition and after its completion to remove the relevant Participants (their Legal Representatives) from participating in the Competition.
8.11. The Organizer is not responsible for any consequences of actions / inaction of the Participants (their Legal Representatives) recognized as erroneous, including (inter alia) the expenses incurred by the latter.
9.1. The Participants or the Legal representatives of the Participants independently bear property liability for violation of copyright, related and other rights in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
9.2. The Organizer of the Competition is not responsible for the violation by the Participant of the Competition (his Legal Representative) of the copyright, related and / or other rights of third parties.
9.3 The Organizer is not responsible for the failure to receive from the Participant (his Legal Representative) the necessary information, including through the fault of communication organizations, for technical problems and / or fraud on the Internet and / or communication channels used during the Competition, as well as for the impossibility communication with the Participant due to the specified inaccurate or irrelevant contact information. The organizer is not responsible for technical problems and / or fraud on the Internet and / or communication channels.
9.4. Issues not provided for by these Rules are regulated in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
9.5. All disputes and disagreements that arise in connection with the organization and conduct of the Competition shall be resolved through negotiations. Disputed issues not resolved through negotiations shall be resolved in court at the location of the Organizer.
9.6 The participation form (application) contains the following information:
- Surname, name, patronymic of the participant (participants) performing the work
- Surname, name, patronymic of the legal representatives of the Participant performing the work, if the application is submitted on behalf of a minor
- age category for individual (solo performance)
- date of birth of the participant
- place of work (study)
- participant’s contacts (contact phone number, links to social networks Instagram / VKontakte / Facebook, Telegram, email address of the participant and the participant’s legal representative (if applicable)
- photo of the participant in the format of JPG, JPEG or PNG, file size not more than 10 MB;
- consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with the Rules of the Competition;
- consent to provide the Organizer with the right to use the participant’s audiovisual recording in accordance with the Competition Rules.
to the Rules
online video contest
«Абай әндері» («Songs of Abay»)
175th anniversary of Abay Kunanbayuly
The structure of the organizing committee for the organization and conduct of the video contest «Абай әндері» («Songs of Abay»)
among non-professional performers
in celebration of the 175th anniversary of Abay Kunanbayuly
- Kalieva A. - General Director of Abay KSATOB, Honored Figure of RK
- Bazhekenov N. - head of the opera department
- Daurbaeva G. - soloist of the opera, Honored Figure of RK
- Omirbekov K. - soloist of the opera
- Zholdybaev D. - soloist of the opera
- Zhidilova G. - accompanist, Honored Artist of the RK
- Varol D. - Head of International department, work with the audience and the media / PR
- Borovikova A. - manager of International department, work with the audience and the media / PR